Mutlu and Kader Akbaş couple, who got married in Istanbul on March 11, went to Cappadocia for their honeymoon. The couple settled in the hotel where they would stay. The couple, who will participate in the balloon tour the next day, made an agreement with a tourism company. When the tourism company could not reach the couple on Monday morning, he went to the hotel. He explained the situation to the hotel officials and said that they came to pick up the couple for the tour.
The tourism company employees, who went to the door of the room where the couple was staying with the hotel staff, called the couple, but although their phones rang, no one answered. The hotel staff, suspicious of the situation, opened the door of the room with the spare key. Employees saw that Mutlu and Kader Akbaş couple were lying motionless inside.
The medical teams, who came to the hotel with the notice of the officials, determined that the couple died. After the gendarmerie’s investigation at the scene, the corpses of the couple were taken to Nevşehir State Hospital for an autopsy report. It was claimed that the Akbaş couple lost their lives by poisoning as a result of the carbon monoxide leaking from the boiler room under the hotel room where they were staying.
THE OWNER OF THE HOTEL HAS BEEN DETENTION
As a result of the investigation by the gendarmerie teams, the owner of the hotel, EA, was detained. The bodies of the newly married couple were brought to Istanbul after the autopsy study. A funeral ceremony was held for the couple at the Zeynebi Kübra Mosque in Avcılar. CHP Istanbul Provincial Chair Canan Kaftancıoğlu also attended the ceremony. Relatives of the couple burst into tears during the prayer performed after the noon prayer. The bodies of Mutlu and Kader Akbaş were taken to the Esenyurt Gülbahçe Cemetery to be buried after the funeral prayer and getting halal.
“WE THINK THE HOTEL IS GREAT NEGLIGENCE”
Relatives of the Akbaş couple demanded that those responsible be punished. Mutlu Akbaş’s uncle, Ali Koç, said, “They had their wedding on Saturday, they went on their honeymoon on Sunday. Their funerals returned from where they went in good health. We think that the hotel they stayed in is highly likely. The information given to us by our police forces and gendarmerie commanders is that the area where they stayed is sealed and those responsible are “We will follow this case and we will never let go of a case,” he said.
“WE WERE EXPOSED TO GAS FOR MORE THAN 24 HOURS, GOING TO THE HOSPITAL WITH AN AMBULANCE ON THE DAY THEY GOT”
Ali Bayat, one of the relatives of the couple, who claimed that they went to the hospital with the complaints of dizziness and nausea on the first day they settled in the hotel, but that the hotel staff did not check the couple because they were curious, said: “These children go to the hotel. They get sick in the evening, an ambulance is called to the hotel. They go to the hospital there, how If there is an intervention, they return. They are not reached by the hotel until the next morning, or rather the evening of that day. You see that your customer is sick, don’t you wonder? Don’t these children knock on their door? These children are probably exposed to gas for more than 24 hours. “There is a great neglect of the hotel here,” he said.
IMAGES FROM THE HAPPIEST DAYS
On the other hand, the images of the couple taken on the henna night and wedding days emerged. There were moments when Mutlu Akbaş kissed his wife on the forehead at the henna night and Kader Akbaş said yes to the wedding officer’s question.
3 PEOPLE ARRESTED
After the hotel manager Emin A., who came to the Cappadocia region for a vacation, Mutlu Akbaş (27) and Kader Akbaş (24) were found dead in the hotel room, the hotel manager Tayfun U. and hotel employee Ahmet B. were also detained by the gendarmerie teams. The three suspects, who were referred to the courthouse after the procedures at the District Gendarmerie Command, were arrested by the court they were brought to.
On the other hand, it is considered that the couple who lost their lives died from carbon monoxide gas leaking from the heating boiler. The exact cause of death of the couple will be revealed with the conclusion of the autopsy report.